Friday, September 19, 2014

Interview for Czech magazine and my writing challenges

Last year I hosted NSI training in Czech Republic and gave an interview to professional local magazine "Modelazh Nehtu" which means "Sculpting nails".
On the last NSI University in Gdansk, Poland Lenka Garlikova, president of NSI Czech Republic gave me this issue of the magazine. She offered to publish nail tutorials and articles on a regular basis.

 



Now besides Russian and Ukrainian magazines I will also write for Czech magazine. I enjoy working with magazines especially when I have some freedom to choose the topic.

I always wanted to write articles and publish something since childhood. My first attempt to start writing and my first business experiment was issuing 30 page magazine monthly when I was 10. I used computer with Word to create my first articles. I didn't have any printer so I asked my parents to print it in their office. My first readers were my parent's friend's kids. Some articles were taken from newspapers, some of them I wrote myself. The post popular section was "Real stories". It could be any story and the only rule was that this story happened for real. In my first issue of the magazine I published some story I found in newspaper. It was a story about girl who had a big toy goat. When she was small this toy seemed enormously big. When she grew up the goat appeared to be a small toy for her. But it always reminded her of her childhood. This story gave an impression to my friend's parents, my music teacher and coach. At the end of this section I suggested to my readers to share their stories too. I didn't expect such feedback with just 10 readers! I received around 4-5 stories every month so I had to decide which story will go to the next issue.
That was my first experience in publishing and business. It wasn't very successful revenue wise. Paper and printing were too expensive for me at that time. But it never mattered to me as I enjoyed the process a lot. I didn't notice how time flies when I was planning the new issue, choosing the cover, picking stories. But the best part was getting letters from my readers with positive feedbacks. It was the moment I realized that I was doing something that wasn't just fun for me but it was also useful for other people.

"Fall in love with the process and the results will come". (c)

Doing this blog in English is also something new for me. I am sorry for my English and grammatical errors; I know I still have to learn a lot. But I decided that some of the information I share about Nail industry, NSI, nail competitions would be interesting for you.
Starting to write in English is another big challenge for me and a good way to force myself to study harder.

If you liked this post please click "like" or share.
Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment